The AKG C 2000B is the "entry level" model for anyone looking for an affordable high quality recording microphone. Its almost ruler-flat response provides a crystal-clear, "up-front" sound. A switchable bass roll-off filter for eliminating proximity effect and a switchable 10dB pre-attenuation pad let you adjust the C 2000B's response to all recording or live miking situations.
A built-in pop screen reduces unwanted noise that may be caused by plosive sounds if you use the microphone extremely close-in. Rugged construction, an elegantly styled die-cast metal housing, and silver-gray finish add to the professional level quality of the C 2000B.
- Ideal multitrack recording "workhorse"
- Very low self noise
- Verstile cardioid polar pattern
- Exceptionally smooth frequency response
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The C 2000B features a cardioid polar pattern providing minimal pickup around the off axis sections of the microphone. This is particularly useful for micing in highly ambient environments and minimizing feedback for use in live sound.
Preattenuation Pad allows maximum SPL of 10dB for distortion free close micing. A suitable solution for micing instruments high in volume and transient response such as horns, drums etc.
Bass Cut Filter
The Bass Cut filter emphasizes the mid and high end frequencies, eliminating low end frequency noise and rumble from sources such as other instruments, air conditioners etc.
The C 2000B features a rugged all-metal die-cast body providing efficient protection against Radio Frequency interference. In addition an internal wind screen minimizes wind and noise caused by plosive signal.
- Transducer: Prepolarized Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB (A-weighted)
- Max Input Sound Level (SPL)
- 140dB (5% THD)
- 150dB with 10dB Pre-Attenuation
- Power Requirements: Requires Phantom Power, 9 to 52VDC
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-Pin, XLR-M Type
- Pad: Yes, -10dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Yes, 6dB/Octave Below 500Hz
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 2.1" (159 x 53mm) LxDiammeter
- Weight: 11.5 oz (325g)