An affordable condenser that can handle high SPLs.
The AKG C214 Studio Condenser Microphone is designed to provide a cost-effective alternative to the dual-diaphragm C414 studio microphone. The C214 delivers the pristine sound reproduction of the classic condenser microphone, in a single-pattern cardioid design.
The cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback which is suitable for vocal and instrument recording. Additional features include a -20dB Pad switch for maximizing headroom when capturing transient-rich sources such as guitar cabinets and drums. A low-cut filter switch is provided for minimizing hum and low-frequency noise.
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh grille for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shockmount included
- Metal Carrying case included
- Designed, Engineered and Build in Vienna, Austria
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback from nearby instruments, speakers, etc.
-20dB Pad Switch
A -20dB Pad switch maximizes headroom and minimizes distortion when capturing transient rich signals.
A low-frequency roll-off switch minimizes hum and low frequency noise.
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Power Requirements: +48V
- Output Impedance: < = 200 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR
- Pad: -20dB Pad
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Low-cut Filter Switch
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 2.2" (160 x 55mm)
- Weight: 0.62 lbs (280 g)