The AKG C 451BST Microphones are simply a matched pair of C 451B cardiod condenser microphones. A stereo pair features perfectly matched elements with identical frequency response, signal to noise ratio, dynamic range, sensitivity, SPL, etc. Perfectly matched elements provide the best results for stereo miking of instruments, live performances, ambience and sound effects. An AKG H50 stereo mounting bar is included for miking live performances and ambience.
- Identical acoustics of the legendary CK 1.
- Rugged construction.
- Ruler-flat on-axis frequency response.
- Precise, nearly frequency independent cardioid.
- Extremely accurate signal transfer.
- Transformerless output stage for minimum distortion at low frequencies.
- Protected against electrostatic and magnetic interference.
- Selectable 10-dB and 20-dB preattenuation pads.
- Switchable highpass filter (75 Hz or 150 Hz, 12dB/octave).
- Operates on phantom power to DIN/IEC between 12 V and 48 V.
- Complete with SA 40 stand adapter and W 90 windscreen.
- Each microphone comes with its own individual frequency response plot.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The Cardioid pick up pattern is useful in situations where off axis leakage is a problem. The 451B attenuates around the off-axis (side) sections of the microphone resulting in a directional pick up pattern.
Switchable 10 dB or 20 dB pads increase the microphone's SPL capability when close-micing, high-energy sound sources or driving preamps or mixers with limited headroom.
Switchable Highpass Filters
Switchable highpass filters (75 Hz or 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave). High pass filters accentuate mid and high end pressence by eliminating unnecessary low end frequencies. Often used when recording cymbals on drum kits.
To eliminate the mechanical problems of screw on capsules, the 451B features a fixed capsule, designed after the classic CK 1.
Flat Frequency Response
Ruler-flat on-axis frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 KHz (± 1.5dB) assures accurate recordings without any added coloration.
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+/-1.5dB)
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 117 dB Maximum (A-Weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 73 dB-A (A-Weighted)
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 112 Pa = 135 dB (with 0 dB preattenuation)
- 355 Pa = 145 dB (with 10 dB preattenuation)
- 112 Pa = 155 dB (with 20 dB preattenuation)
- Power Requirements: 9 to 52v Phantom Power (to DIN/IEC 45 596)
- Output Impedance
- Less than 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance Greater than 1000 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type
- Pad: Yes, Switchable to 0 dB, -10 dB, -20 dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Yes, Switchable to Flat, 12 dB/Octave at 75 Hz or 150 Hz
- Dimensions: 6.3 x .75" (160.02 x 19.05mm) LxDiameter
- Weight: 4.4 oz. (124.67 g)