ACTPRO15 500-Watt 15" 2-Way — Bi-Amped Active System
The new ACTPRO Series is an advanced line of made in the USA powered loudspeaker systems that offer the sonic accuracy, power and reliability demanded by today’s professional performers. Fuelled by B-52’s ultra-efficient Class-G amplifiers, ACTPRO systems deliver rich, clear sound at extreme SPLs. ACTPRO amplifiers employ sophisticated circuitry including acoustically tuned 4th order crossovers, four stages of equalization, a built-in intelligent compressor/limiter and short circuit/over-current protection. An extra high current output stage allows for uninterrupted extended play without risk of thermal shutdown. ACTPRO full-range amplifiers are bi-amped with fully discrete output stages.
The ACTPRO18S subwoofer features a built-in third-order crossover with High-Pass and Full-Range outputs, allowing easy expansion of your ACTPRO system. All ACTPRO cabinets are built in the USA at our state-of-the-art Los Angeles manufacturing facility. Each model features rugged birch plywood construction, durable, black Warnecke® paint finish and 16-gauge wrap-around steel grilles, all designed to withstand the abuse of the road. Custom Celestion loudspeakers and compression drivers are used in all full-range models. The ACTPRO12M is designed to be used as a main speaker or sit as a dedicated stage monitor. The powerful ACTPRO18S 18” subwoofer includes detachable 3” casters.
CLASS G AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- Bi-amp design with discrete output stage for both the woofer and compression driver
- 4th order electronic X-over and multi-stage custom equalization
- Proprietary efficient class-G amplification on LF channel
- Subsonic filter: 12dB/octave
- Built-in compressor/limiter
- Balanced XLR input (Left and Right on ACTPRO18S Sub)
- Balanced XLR full-range output (Left and Right on ACTPRO18S Sub)
- Left and Right balanced XLR high-pass outputs on ACTPRO18S subwoofer
- 0-1800 Phase switch on ACTPRO18S
- 100Hz 18dB/octave low cut switch on full range models
- Ground lift switch
- Full thermal & short circuit protection
- Large heatsink with convection cooling
- Oversized toroidal transformer
- LEDs for Power, Protect, Limit and Signal
- 115V/230V 60Hz/50Hz selector switch
- Compression Driver
- Celestion 1”-exit with PETP film diaphragm
- Constant Directivity Horns
- 90 x 40 constant directivity horn (ACTPRO15 & ACTPRO1515)
- Conical wave guide (ACTPRO12M)
- Low Frequency Transducers
- Vented magnet assemblies for advanced cooling
- High temperature copper-wound voice-coil on polyamide former for increased reliability
- Celestion SP-1200 (ACTPRO12M)
- Celestion SP-1500 (ACTPRO15 & ACTPRO1515)
- Proprietary SP-1804 cast frame subwoofer (ACTPRO18S)
PETP-Film diaphragm compression driver
- Sophisticated computer modeling was used to optimize the magnetic and acoustic design of these ferrite magnet compression drivers to achieve outstanding performance and reliability.
- A matched wave front phase corrector produces a perfectly coherent sound wave at the horn throat, for a detailed and dynamic mid and high frequency performance.
- The polyamide-insulated, copper-clad aluminum voice coil is edge-wound on a glass fiber former resulting in lower distortion and superior power to weight ratio.
- A one-piece, PETP film diaphragm and surround optimizes energy transfer for greater efficiency
- The unique patented clamping system contributes directly to low distortion performance while improving the lower mid-band response.
- Made in U.S.A. using advanced CNC routers
- 5/8” birch plywood construction (ACTPRO12M, ACTPRO15, ACTPRO1515)
- 3/4” birch plywood construction (ACTPRO18S)
- Main & monitor sitting positions (ACTPRO12M)
- Reinforced internal bracings
- Environmentally friendly WarneckeTM scratch resistant black paint finish
- 16-gauge wrap-around steel grilles
- Metal handles and rubber feet
- Rubber strips (ACTPRO12M)
- Metal pole mounting cup (ACTPRO1515 excluded)
- Front logo illuminated with blue LED