The LX-18AV3 (active) and LX-18V3 (passive) are the third generation of our powerful folded horn subwoofer design, hailed by music professionals for their reliability, performance and affordability. The V3 is bigger, louder and better. V3 improvements include a larger cabinet with an improved horn design and our new overbuilt class H amplifier. At the heart of these folded horn cabinets is the new 18-220X subwoofer which provides higher efficiency and an ultra-efficient heat management system which keeps the speaker cool even when driven at high SPLs.
The LX-18AV3 is powered by our award-winning 1200-watt class H amplifier. The overbuilt design includes a compressor/ limiter, subsonic filter, phase switch, stereo XLR inputs and both full-range and high-pass XLR outputs. The built-in 18dB/octave electronic crossover provides 70Hz, 100Hz and 140Hz settings allowing you to perfectly match your top cabinets to this sub. What sets the LX-18AV3 apart is its ability to ALSO power the passive LX-18V3 subwoofer using the Neutrik™ output on the amplifier panel. Get one active and one passive – connect them together and feels the walls shake!
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Rugged, impact-resistant black carpet finish
- Void-free, 7-layer, 3/4” plywood construction for maximum durability and minimum weight
- Input connections: (2) 1/4” metal phone jacks and (1) Neutrik™ NL 4 Speakon™ connector
- Reinforced internal bracings are used to fortify the cabinet
- 4” heavy-duty casters
- Pole-mounting cup
LX-18AV3 Amplifier Features
- 1200-watt RMS class H amplifier
- 800 watts RMS @ 8 ohms (LX-18AV3)
- 1200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms (LX-18AV3 & LX-18V3 connected)
- Frequency response: 30-140 Hz
- Built-in 18dB/octave electronic crossover with 70Hz, 100Hz and 140Hz settings
- Subsonic filter: 24dB/octave @ 30 Hz
- Built-in compressor/limiter
- XLR balanced inputs
- XLR balanced FR & HP outputs
- 0-180° phase switch
- Neutrik™ speaker output
- Full thermal & short circuit protection
At the heart of the beast
All B-52 folded-horn cabinets are loaded with the new B-52 18-220X subwoofer which provides high-power handling, great efficiency, very low distortion and accurate sound reproduction. Key features include:
- 4-inch “inside/outside” voice coil wound on both sides of the glass fiber coil former, providing more effective cooling through greater air contact
- The light weight and robust cast aluminum frame is shaped to minimize reflections on the back of the cone
- The entire loudspeaker is designed to work as a “heat sink” for extreme cooling efficiency
- The advanced magnet topology ensures an even distribution of magnetic flux throughout the whole magnet assembly, resulting in symmetrical motor movement preventing stray flux which can cause interference
- The glass-fiber impregnated cone incorporates a sealed surround and added edge-damping to greatly reduce the occurrence of unwanted cone resonances
- The vented magnet ensures constant air circulation to drive heat away from the magnet assembly
Built-in compression chamber
The 18” subwoofers are housed in a compression chamber that minimizes the excursion of the driver while maximizing the subwoofers’ output. The optimally-sized acoustic aperture of the compression chambers forms the throat of the horn and helps force the air at an increased velocity and pressure. The compression chamber optimizes the horn’s output, allowing for amazing output levels.
Efficient aluminum heatsink design
The new aluminum heatsink design dissipates heat in the cabinet’s compression chamber. This provides increased thermal power handling, decreased power compression, increased output and cooler long-term operation.