Highly sophisticated electronics and a logical design!
The BBE Max-X3 is a two-way stereo/three-way mono crossover housed in a compact and easy-to-use package and offers a variety of options for virtually all live sound reinforcement amplifier configurations. The unit's logical design makes it easy to operate, and its sonic integrity provides clean, distortion free audio with a predictable, repeatable range of control.
The unit employs state-variable 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley filters, a design that minimizes phase inaccuracies in the critical crossover region and ensures the output at all frequencies remains in-phase. The design has a very steep 24dB/octave slope, which ensures that each driver designed to reproduce a specific frequency range is not driven beyond its limits.
The Max-X3 features an on-board BBE Sonic Maximizer processor that delivers improvements in total sound quality, bringing crystalline clarity and air to the source material as well as revealing rich harmonic subtleties. It employs the very same 4th generation BBE chipset that powers the 482i and 882i Sonic Maximizers.
- Stereo 2-way, mono 3-way crossover
- State-variable Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave filters
- "x10" range multiplier switch makes crossover-point adjustment easy
- Constant-Directivity Horn equalization provides progressive high-frequency boost required for these drivers
- Top audio performance with high slew rate circuitry
- Includes full Function BBE Sonic Maximizer
- Phase inversion switches
- LED clip indicators for both High an Low outputs to alert of excessive output levels
- Shielded internal power supply with AC voltage select switch
- Filter Type: Linkwitz/Riley 24dB/octave
- Operating Modes
- Stereo 2-way
- Mono 3-way
- Crossover Frequencies
- 80Hz to 1kHz
- 800Hz to 10kHz with x10 range switch
- Gain Rang: Not specified by manufacturer
- Front Panel Switches
- x10 range multiplier
- Sonic Maximizer
- 2 x XLR
- 2 x 1/4" TS phone
- 4 x XLR
- 4 x 1/4" TS phone
- Maximum Input Level: Not specified by manufacturer
- Maximum Output Level: Not specified by manufacturer
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 25kHz
- Dynamic Range: 115dB
- Noise: SNR: 118dB
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 7 11/16" x 1 3/4"
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Specialties: Low-cut subsonic filters for low frequency driver protection