Crest Audio CC Series Amplifiers are designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability under extreme stress in touring or fixed installation applications. Absolute sonic accuracy is the hallmark of every Crest amplifier. Bass is solid and defined to the limits of audibility with ample current reserves. Wide-bandwidth output devices ensure detailed, transparent high frequency response. And, thanks to Crest’s exclusive IGM™ circuit, the CC Series will drive 2Ω loads safely without compromising performance.
- Toroidal power transformer
- Dual, variable speed fans on CC 2800, CC 4000, and CC 5500 single fan on model CC 1800
- Balanced XLR inputs
- Speakon® and 5-way binding post speaker outputs
- Mode selector switch for stereo, parallel and bridged-mono operation
- Input sensitivity selection
- Recessed, stepped attenuators
- Front panel circuit-breaker switch
- Five year warranty
- ACL™ (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage by providing gentle gain reduction when the signal approaches the clipping threshold.
- IGM™ (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices. This allows safe operation into nominal 2Ω speaker loads.
- AUTORAMP™ gradually increases gain to the attenuator level settings when the amplifier is turned on. This prevents abrupt turn-on level.
- Other protection features include: short circuit, DC voltage, comprehensive thermal management and current in-rush turn-on/off; transient sub-sonic input.
- Max RMS Output Voltage: 73 V / Channel
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz (+ 0 dB / - 2dB @ 1 Watt)
- Power Bandwidth : 10 Hz – 35 kHz; +0, -3 dB at rated 4 Ohm power
- Damping Factor: >150:1 @ 8 ohms (20 Hz to 1000 Hz)
- Gain: selectable between x40 (32 dB) and x20 (26 dB)
- Input Sensitivity (x40): 1.32 V +/- 3% for 1kHz, 2 Ohm Rated Power
- Input Impedance: 15k Ohm Balanced
- Class: modulated rail, H
- Input Connectors: balanced female XLR
- Output Connectors: Speakon® connectors and five-way binding post
- Power Supply: Linear Torroidal Transfomer
- Current Draw @ 120 VAC:
- 1/8 Power Draw:
- 400 Watts / 3.4A @ 8 Ohms
- 685 Watts / 5.71A @ 4 Ohms
- 1000 Watts / 8.34A @ 2 Ohms
- 1/3 Power Draw:
- 1000 Watts / 8.34A @ 8 Ohms
- 1650 Watts / 13.75A @ 4 Ohms
- 2340 Watts / 19.5A @ 2 Ohms
- Thermal Emissions: 2,631 BTU/hr (1/3 power, 4 Ohm )
- Cooling: Back to Front via 1variable speed DC fan
- Dimensions: 3.5" H x 19" W x 14.875" D