Introducing the next generation of touring sound amplifiers. The I-Tech HD series featuring the all-new four-channel 4 x 3500HD with DriveCore™ technology.
Crown's "smart" universal power supply with Power Factor Correction technology is so efficient it can adjust to any frequency or mains voltage between 100-240VAC in a controlled manner – and in real time – so you can use it anywhere in the world and it will always deliver full power.
BSS Omnidrive HD™ DSP
Standing only 2U high, the slight stature of the I-Tech HD belies the leading-edge technology within. A perfect example is the BSS Omnidrive HD DSP engine. This integrated DSP is not only a breakthrough in the amplifier industry, but outperforms many of the best stand-alone DSP loudspeaker processors in the world. With the latest programmable studio-grade 32-bit Sharc® processors with enhanced SIMD architecture and a proprietary D/A output filter for improved signal-to-noise at least 6 dB quieter than outboard DSP, it's easy to see how the decade-long partnership between Crown and BSS continues to go beyond "what's possible" and into "what's next."
FIR (Finite Impulse Response) Linear Phase Filters
- Advanced stop-band attenuation characteristics rivaling the best live sound and studio DSP processors on the market today
- Industry-leading, true "Brick wall" filters with more than 3500 coefficient taps for high filtering precision.
- Provides linear phase response while maintaining low-noise operation over the entire frequency range for uncolored audio reproduction.
- IIR (Infinite Impulse Response)
- 18 IIR filter selections including Bessel, Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, and All-Pass.
Co-developed with JBL and BSS, the LevelMAX™ suite of limiters combines the latest innovations in limiter design into one high performance, integrated package. The Peak, RMS, and Transducer Thermal limiters are fully coordinated so each will adjust automatically based on how the others are performing. This industry first guarantees smooth, musical response along with peak SPL and pure, uncolored sound.
At the heart of the new four-channel I-Tech HD lies another Crown breakthrough – DriveCore™ Technology. A culmination of nearly two decades of R&D in PWM and switch-mode amplification, DriveCore is a Crown exclusive that combines hundreds of parts into one chip the size of a your fingertip, resulting in more efficiencies and unsurpassed reliability.
Bridging Crown's audio design and Texas Instruments' silicon design, this simple integrated circuit nests much of the output stage – including the modulator stage, error amplifier stage, and patented feedback and PWM modulation circuits for fast recovery on peak transients, accurate reproduction of low-level detail, and precise tracking of low frequencies at high power levels for maximum subwoofer output.
In addition, DriveCore provides an extremely wide tolerance for sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions, which means your performance will never be compromised by fluctuating generator power or overloading.
Greater accuracy, reduced weight and size, and high efficiency with best-in-class signal-to-noise performance – that's Crown innovation. That's DriveCore Technology.
4 IN/4 OUT
While others talked about offering true four-in and four-out capability, we set about doing it. The I-Tech HD four channel is the first tour sound amplifier offering four inputs routable to any output (analog, AES3, VDrive, or CobraNet™).
The amplifier industry's first integrated TFT LCD full-color touchscreen was designed with you in mind. Featuring a large, 4.3" backlit display and intuitive menu design inspired by Studer's legendary Vistonics™, every channel is color-coded and clearly delineated so you'll never again have to question which channel you are adjusting.
Accepting a standard USB drive, this front-panel connection allows you the flexibility to transfer preset and device files, and update firmware from the driver to the amplifier DSP, or vice versa. This simple innovation helps you reconfigure racks in record time.
Powered by Crown
Crown's new "Powered by Crown" app allows wireless control and monitoring of your I-Tech HD or any Ethernet-enabled devices from Crown. Using the same protocols as HiQnet System Architect, you can import custom control panels, set limits, or make adjustments anywhere in the venue using only your iPhone or iPad.
Networking Made Easy
Since the introduction of the first IQ system in 1992, Crown has deployed more networked audio systems than all other amplifier manufacturers' combined. This pedigree continues today with the I-Tech HD series. Adhering to exact TCP/IP Ethernet standards and equipped with HiQnet technology, the I-Tech HD can live on a standard network without the hassle of proprietary switches or hardware. And by following standard protocol, large systems of 400+ amplifiers can be quickly deployed on a single network backbone without any special considerations.
- True Ethernet Backbone-fast, reliable and scalable
- Includes SLM (Sweep Load Monitoring) with System-Level Diagonistics
- Front-panel USB connector transfers presets to / from a USB drive to the amp's DSP
- New software interface based on customer feedback manages presets, provides easier system level changes, and includes a configuration wizard
- Ultra smooth processing by onboard high-definition BSS OMNIDRIVEHD DSP with 24-bit, 192 kHz Cirrus Logic SHARC ADSP-21469 A/D and D/A Converters
- High common-mode rejection eliminates hum and RFI on input cables
- Professional-grade connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Full power supply voltage is also available, allowing instantaneous power on demand
- More total capacitance provides tremendous energy reserves for power bursts
- Quality graded components let you safely drive the amplifier harder
- The only Tour Sound Amplifier that provides four routable inputs to any output (analog, AES, VDrive or CobraNet)
- LevelMAX peak voltage and RMS power limiters communicate with each other, resulting in smooth and accurate response, better sound
- 6th-generation patented Class-I (BCA) circuitry couples power efficiently to the load and provides low AC current draw
- Global Power Supply with Power Factor Correction designed to deliver maximum power no matter where you schedule takes you. Universal AC input accepts 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz (± 15%)
- Channels: 4 Inputs (Analog, AES 3, VDrive or Cobranet) routable to any of the four outputs
- Sensitivity: Adjustable in 0.1dB increments from 1.28v to 8v
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >-112dB (below rated power 20Hz to 20kHz, A Weighted)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.35% (full rated power, 20 Hz to 20kHz)
- Damping Factor: (10 Hz to 100 Hz) >5000
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.1% (from 0dB down to -40dB)
- Frequency Response: +/-0.25db (at 1Winto 4/8 ohms)
- Crosstalk: >80db (below rated power 20Hz to 1kHz)
- Common Mode Rejection: >80db Typical (20Hz to 1Khz)
- Dimension ( H x W x D): 3.3 x 19 x 16.95" / 8.38 x 48.26 x 43.0 cm
Rated Power Output
- 2ohms @ 2000w, 35000w 20ms Burst
- 4ohms @ 2000w, 35000w, 20ms Burst
- 8ohms @ 1500w, 1900w, 20ms Burst
- Stereo: 1/2/4/8/16/70V/100V
- Bridge: 2/4/8/16/70V/100V