Brings the tube and digital worlds together in one affordable package!
The dbx 386 Dual Vacuum Tube Preamp with Digital Out is a dual channel tube microphone preamp that comes with the additional capabilities of digital output. With the included digital outputs, the unit is the perfect companion for recording and tracking vocals, or any applications needing microphones, both in the analog and digital domain.
The 386 combines the warmth of a vacuum tube, with the proprietary dbx Type IV A/D conversion system. In addition to the above features, the single rack space unit contains such standard offerings as +48V phantom power, a phase invert switch, and low cut filtering. The digital outputs capabilities are supported in both AES/EBU and S/PDIF formats, as well as word clock I/O as standard features.
To provide convenience in the studio, the high impedance 1/4" instrument input, as well as the mic/line switch and 20dB pad of the 386 are located on the front panel. The LED meters give clear and concise information about the state of signal processing, while the rear panel houses both the mic and line inputs and outputs, word clock sync input and output, and digital outputs. Finally, the unit sports selectable sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz, selectable dithering and noise shaping and separate analog and digital output controls.
- Two channel tube microphone preamplifier
- Front panel instrument input
- 12 segment LED analog or digital
- Selectable sampling rates and 16, 20 and 24-bit wordlengths
- Selectable dither and noise-shaping algorithms
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital outputs and word clock sync input and output
- Number of Channels: 2
- 2 x XLR microphone, 2 x TRS 1/4" phone, word clock BNC
- 1 x TS 1/4" phone instrument input on front panel
- Output: 2 x XLR, 2 x TRS 1/4" phone, 1 x AES/EBU XLR, 1 x S/PDIF coaxial RCA, word clock BNC
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Multi Function: No
- Gain Range
- +30dB to +60dB for mic input
- -15dB to +15dB for line input
- Maximum Output Level: +20dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 75kHz
- Noise: EIN: -120dBu
- Dimensions: 1U rack mount, 7 3/4" deep
- Shape 1, Shape 2 or none noise shape options
- 107dB convertor dynamic range