Extremely Compact and Affordable Power Distribution
The Furman ASD-120 AC Sequenced Power Distro is an extremely compact, low cost rackmount power distribution system that is ideal for mobile PA systems, touring musical and theatrical acts, mobile recording facilities, on-location film and video shoots, etc. It is ideal for any situation where AC power must be distributed to multiple circuits and a hard-wired, built-in system is missing, inadequate, or impractical.
The ASD-120 allows for six circuits to be powered up in a sequenced fashion, and the sequence is reversed for power down. The delay interval is user-adjustable via an internal trimpot. The front panel provides a three-position switch for each circuit that allows each circuit to be part of the power up/down sequence, or to remain on or off apart from the sequence. An LED indicates when either the power-up or power-down sequence is in progress. The sequence can be initiated with either momentary or maintained switches, locally or remotely. A duplex outlet is provided for each delay step.
- The ASD-120 can handle up to 120 amps of incoming power, distributing it to six 20 amp, 120V circuits. Each circuit has a front panel status indicator that lights up when it is turned on, and a 20 amp duplex outlet on the rear panel.
- Since the sequence control signals are also available on the rear panel, one or more ASD-120's may be installed in remote locations and operated via low-voltage control wiring. The sequence control signals can also drive PowerPorts, MiniPorts, PS-PRO and PS-8-R Power Sequencers, or any other circuits that need to know when their particular time delay has elapsed. Using one or more ASD-120's can provide the capability of controlling power and power sequencing for an entire system.
- This unit incorporates four oversized busses, allowing wiring for 120V or 240V single phase, or 208V three phase power. A strain relief clamp is provided that can accommodate a cable or wire bundle up to 1.5" in diameter. Cable termination is a simple process of breaking out and stripping the individual conductors and connecting them with set screws, and then tightening the strain relief clamp.
- Spike Clamping Voltage: TVSS rating 400V peak, L-N, N-G, L-G (tested to UL 1449)
- Six widely spaced duplex outlets on rear panel
- A locking switch with a removable key is provided for maximum security.
- Steel chassis, zinc chromate plating; .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel.
- Input Current: 120 amps
- Input Voltage: 120/240V single phase, or 208V 3-phase
- Output: Six identical 20 amp, 120V circuits
- Surge Energy Rating
- Maximum Surge Current: 6500 amps
- Maximum Spike Energy: 80 joules per circuit
- Audible Alarm: No
- Compatibility: 19" rack
- Environmental Requirements: None listed
- Agency Certifications: ETL/CETL listed
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 19 x 9.6" (8.9 x 48.3 x 24.4 cm) HxWxD
- Weight: 20 lbs (9.1 kg)
- Equipment Protection: None