Make your own mix!
The HDS-6 is part of an Audio Distribution System that offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. Please note that at least one HR-6, which is sold separately, is required for the system to function.
The system consists of two components, the rack-mount HDS-6 Audio Distribution System, and one or more HR-6 remote mixers. Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables - multiple remotes are simply daisy-chained together, using standard 10 Base-T ethernet cables. Up to eight HR-6 remote mixers can be linked to the distribution unit, and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each HR-6.
The HDS-6 rack-mount distribution unit connects to the mixer/console to provide an interface and power supplies to drive a group of HR-6 remote mixers. Trimpots are provided on the front panel to match the console output levels to the inputs.
The HDS-6 is ideal as a low distortion headphone driver for the most critical listening situations. In addition to providing high current differential buffered signals, it also provides power and ground to the HR-6 remote mixers.
- HDS-6 rack-mount audio distribution system connects to the mixer/console to provide interface and power supplies to drive a group of HR-6 remote mixers
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the main console
- Perfect for use as a headphone system in the studio, plus drives powered monitors in live sound applications
- Provides gain trims and overload LED's for each input, ground lift and on/off switch, and system status LEDs
- Linking cables are included with the HR-6
- Number of Channels: Will drive up to eight remote HR-6 units (each HR-6 has two headphone outputs)
- Input Connections: 6 x 1/4" TRS phono
- Output Connectors: 2 x RJ-45 jacks
- Maximum Output Level: 400 mW at 32 ohms (200 mW at 600 ohms, 500 mW at 100 ohms) from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Function Controls
- 5 x Trimpot rotary control
- 1 x Ground lift switch
- Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 20Hz to 20kHz, 400 mW output
- Distortion (THD): 0.008% THD at full rated power at 1kHz
- Noise: Not specified by manufacturer
- 6 x Signal present yellow LED
- 1 x Power LED
- 1 x Link Cable reversed LED
- Dimensions: 19" x 7 1/4" x 1 3/4"
- Weight: 6.84 lbs
- Specialties: Ground lift switch