Remote Headphone Mixer for Your HDS-6!
The HR-6 is part of an Audio Distribution System that offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. Please note that at least one HR-6 and an HDS-6 are required for the system to function.
The system consists of two components, the rack-mount HDS-6 Audio Distribution unit, and one or more HR-6 remote mixers. Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables - multiple remotes are simply daisy-chained together, using standard 10 Base-T Ethernet cables supplied with the HR-6. Up to eight remote mixers can be linked to the distribution unit, and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each mixer.
The mixer is a compact six-channel, five-pot remote that clamps to any microphone stand (clamp included.) The four mono pots allow each user to create a custom mix of four console channels or busses. The stereo pot will most often be used for a main control room mix, or for a stereo effect return. When used with the HDS-6, the HR-6 allows musicians to customize their own headphone or monitor mix, and the engineer doesn't need to touch the console.
The HR-6 provides a "Submixes Included/Excluded" button, which mutes the four mono channels, allowing only the stereo source to be heard, without having to alter the units four monaural settings.
Note! The HR-6 is a Remote Mixing Station and requires an HDS-6 Distribution Unit to function
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the main console
- Provides each musician with five volume controls - four monaural (for mixer channels or busses), plus one for an overall stereo mix or a stereo effects return
- "Submixes Included/Excluded" button mutes the four mono pots, allowing only the stereo source to be heard, without having to alter the four monaural settings.
- HDS-6 to HR-6 linking cables are included with the HR-6, as is a universal microphone stand clamp
- Number of Channels: Two identical headphone outputs per remote mixer. Up to eight mixers can be daisey-chained from an HDS-6 distribution unit
- Input Connections: 2 x RJ-45 jacks
- Output Connectors
- 2 x RJ-45 jacks
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phono headphone
- Maximum Output Level: 400 mW at 32 ohms (200 mW at 600 ohms, 500 mW at 100 ohms) from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Function Controls
- 5 x Volume rotary control
- 1 x "Submixes Included/Excluded" push-button
- Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 20Hz to 20kHz, 400 mW output
- Distortion (THD): 0.008% THD at full rated power at 1kHz
- Noise: Not specified by manufacturer
- Display: 1 x Power LED
- Dimensions: 6 3/4" x 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Weight: 1.25 lbs
- Specialties: "Submixes Included/Excluded" button mutes the four mono pots, allowing only the stereo source to be heard