The Furman PowerPort Remote AC Power Controller provides control, timing, monitoring, and power conditioning capability for a single 20-amp circuit. All critical circuit functions are governed by an internal microprocessor. PowerPorts can also be networked for total system control. Multiple units can be daisy-chained via low-voltage wiring to comprise the building blocks of a versatile, high performance power conditioning and distribution system.
PowerPorts offer the same RFI/EMI and spike/surge protection as Furman's top-of-the-line PRO Series rackmount power conditioners. A PowerPort can safely absorb up to 11,000 amps of spike/surge current in any mode (hot-neutral, neutral-ground, or hot-ground), using a unique array of protection devices including MOV's, gas discharge tubes, high voltage inductors and capacitors, and fast-blow fuses. It also provides over 60 dB of common-mode attenuation in the 1-200 MHz RF band.
- The PowerPort has independent power-sequencer turn-on and turn-off delays, with simple daisy chaining for remote switching of single or an unlimited number of multiple units. The PowerPort has two modes of operation: maintained and momentary. These terms refer to the type of switch that is attached to the remote terminals, and determine the functionality of the unit. The mode may be easily changed by moving a suitcase jumper on the circuit board. Turn-on and turn-off delay times are screwdriver-adjustable; each can be set from 0 to 60 seconds.
- Incoming mains voltage is monitored for acceptable levels, with marginal voltages causing flashing alerts and extreme voltages causing protective shutdown.
- An "Extreme Voltage" LED blinks a red alert when an abnormal voltage causes shutdown. Other status indicators ("Protection OK" and "Ground OK") monitor the integrity of the protection devices and grounding, and report if the protection is compromised. A "Mains OK" LED glows steady for normal input voltage and blinks a warning for marginal but not extreme voltages (80-90V or 130-140V).
- Manual mode allows delays to be overridden for troubleshooting.
- Units may be wall-mounted or rack-mounted (half rack size) with appropriate mounting kits.
- Input: 1 x 10' 12 AWG Power Cord with Nema 5-20P (20 amp) 3-prong plug
- Output: 2x 3-prong NEMA 5-20 AC power outlets (useable with 20 amp or standard plugs)
- Surge Energy Rating: 550 joules
- Battery: N/A
- Typical Backup Runtime: N/A
- Audible Alarm: No
- Agency Certifications: UL & CUL listed
- Compatibility: Surface mount, or rack mount with use of adapters
- Environmental Requirements: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 1.75 x 10" (21.6 x 4.5 x 25.4 cm) WxHxD
- Weight: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Equipment Protection: None
- Additional Info
- AC Noise Attenuation
- Differential mode: Greater than 400
- Common mode: Greater than 60 dB, both 1 to 200 MHz
- Voltage Shutdown (EVS): >140 VAC
- Rated Input Current: 20A
- Input Breaker Capacity: 20A