Decades of speaker production have all been leading to this...
GVX powered speakers combine a sleek, attractive design with meticulous engineering to produce the finest speakers in Gemini’s rich history. Thanks to high-quality built-in amplifiers and top-tier speaker components, the GVX-15Ps offer impressive power, amazing sound quality and excellent dispersion for nearly any PA application.
With over 35 years of speaker and amplifier production experience, Gemini has always placed the highest emphasis on reliability, durability and accurate, pristine sound reproduction. And these guiding standards have yielded Gemini’s best sounding speakers to date.
Dispersion means spreading the love.
Wide, clear dispersion was a key focus during the redesign process of the GVX series. As a result, the new GVX-15P distributes clear, full-range sound to even the most extreme areas of any performance space – whether audience members are front and center, fifty rows back or squeezed into a tight corner of a cavernous room.
Power. Performance. Portability.
The GVX-15P’s power comes from its built-in 2-way amplifier assembly with thermal, short-circuit and DC protection. The low frequency amp provides 420 watts RMS while the high frequency amp supplies 80 watts RMS, with a peak handling of 1000 watts (840W + 160W). Despite all this power, the GVX-15P boasts a compact, portable design thanks to its rugged yet lightweight MDF wood construction. Ergonomic recessed handles add to the speaker’s portability, while a 35mm pole mount and 8mm flying points enhance setup options, ensuring these speakers are equally effective in any number of fixed installation or mobile DJ applications – you can fly ‘em, mount ‘em or wedge ‘em!
GVX drivers are designed to provide dynamic, uniform sound across the frequency spectrum. The 15-inch woofer offers rich, powerful lows and low-mids, while the 1.5-inch wave-guided titanium compression driver provides crisp, lucid highs that don’t sound harsh or piercing. For added versatility, the horn can be rotated, allowing you to change the dispersion pattern of 80° x 60° to 60° x 80°, ensuring proper dispersion whether the speakers are mounted vertically or horizontally.
The GVX-15P’s rear panel is conveniently equipped with XLR Inputs and pass-throughs, allowing parallel connection of other active systems. Plus, volume and trim controls, along with a high-pass filter provide additional command over your levels and sound. There are even individual LEDs for Limit, Signal and Power. All these features are housed in a lustrous, black enclosure that offers a stylish aesthetic complement to any stage or performance space. And since it’s powered, the GVX-15P is ideal for the mobile DJ or gigging musician looking for a less bulky, more streamlined setup, with no additional amps required.
When style and substance meet exceptional value
Thanks to cutting-edge sound technology and adept engineering, the new GVX series provides powerful, full-range audio accuracy at an unmatched price point from a legacy name you can trust.
- 2-way bi-amplified, optimized active loudspeaker system
- 1.5-inch High Output Titanium driver
- 15-inch woofer with 2.5-inch (63mm) voice coil
- 420W RMS LF amplifier, 80W RMS HF amplifier, 1000W Peak (840W + 160W)
- Built-in 24dB/octave @ 1800Hz electronic crossover
- Linear frequency response 50Hz to 20KHz
- Thermal, short circuit & DC amplifier protection
- Balanced XLR LINE input with pass-through XLR connector
- Switch Full-range / Monitor 100Hz low cut filter
- Perforated steel mesh grille
- Recessed flush handles
- Water resistant textured black paint
- Flyable, pole mountable, floor wedge-able
- Power Amplifier: (420W+80W) RMS / (840W+160W) Peak
- Type: 2-way bi-amplified
- Frequency range: 50Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum Sound pressure level: 127 dB
- Woofer Impedance: 8 ohms
- Woofer size: 15”
- Woofer Magnet: 60 oz
- Low frequency driver: 2.5” (63.5mm) Voice Coil
- High Output driver type: Titanium
- High Frequency driver: 1.5”
- Horn Dispersion: 80° x 60°
- Connectors: Balanced XLR LINE input with pass-thru XLR
- Electronic crossover frequency: 1.8 Khz
- Enclosure: 18 mm (3/4”), MDF
- Finish: Black acrylic lacquer
- Grille: Perforated steel mesh grille
- Handles: Recessed flush handles
- Pole mount: diameter 35 mm
- Weight: 72.8 lbs (33 kg)
- Dimensions: 16.6" x 27.2" x 17.4" (420 x 690 x 440 mm)