The model 2446H/J is a professional quality high-frequency compression driver that incorporates JBL's newlydeveloped Coherent Wave phasing plug as well as a pure titanium diaphragm with radial ribs and patented three-dimensional diamond pattern suspension.
The Coherent Wave phasing plug assembly consists of four die-cast annular aperture structures of constant path length to provide m-phase combining of diaphragm output at the driver's exit. This optimized configuration allows coherent summation of acoustical power up to much higher frequencies than afforded by earlier designs.
The diaphragm design includes JBL's exclusive three-dimensional diamond pattern surround1 which reduces membrane stresses in the diaphragm support structure and extends diaphragm life. The depth of the diamond pattern is closely controlled during the manufacturing process to provide predictable frequencies for the 2nd and 3rd normal resonance modes and for the basic suspension resonance mode. The diaphragm also incorporates a series of embossed radial reinforcing ribs that increase diaphragm stiffness. This diaphragm, when combined with the Coherent Wave phasing plug, increases the 2446H/J's output in the 5 kHz to 20 kHz range.
- Throat Diameter: 49 mm (2 in)
- Nominal Impedance:2446H 8 ohms2446J 16 ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 6 ohms (H), 12 ohms (J) @ 5 kHz
- DC Resistance: 4.3 ohms (H), 8.5 ohms (J) +/- 10% @ 25C
- Power Capacity:100 W continuous program above 500 Hz150 W continuous program above 1 kHz
- Sensitivity:111 dB SPL, 1 W @ 1 m on-axis on horn118 dB SPL, 1 mW on plane-wave tube(3)
- Nominal Efficiency: 30% (500 Hz to 2.5 kHz)
- Frequency Range: 500 Hz to 20 kHz
- Recommended Crossover: 500 Hz or higher, 12 dB/octave minimum
- Diaphragm: 0.05 mm (0.002 in) pure titanium
- Voice Coil Diameter: 100 mm (4 in)
- Voice Coil Material: Edgewound aluminum ribbon
- Flux Density: 1.9 T (19,000 gauss)
- Bl Factor:12.7 (H) N/A18 (J) N/A
- Positive voltage to black terminal gives diaphragm motion toward the phasing plug
- Dimensions: 235 mm (9-1/4 in) diameter, 131 mm (5-3/16 in) depth
- Mounting: Four 1/4-20 threaded holes, 90 apart on 101.6 mm (4 in) diameter
- Net Weight: 13.8 kg (30-1/2 lb