Amazingly Balanced Sound for Large Rooms
The JBL CBT 50LA-1 passive speaker uses JBL's breakthrough Constant Beamwidth Technology to produce a column speaker with incredibly balanced projection across a large area. Passive column speakers normally create inconsistencies in sound when you move about the room, but not the CBT 50LA-1! JBL's patent-pending design uses an array of eight full-range 2" drivers with 150 watts of power capacity, and the result is consistent, natural sound coverage - both horizontally and vertically. Perfect for large rooms like churches, school auditoriums, and theaters, the CBT 50LA-1 is easy to install as well as easy to optimize for your room. Call Gear Club Direct today to find out how you can integrate the JBL CBT 50LA-1 passive speakers into your live sound system!
- Passive column speaker for installation with incredibly balanced horizontal and vertical directivity
- 150W RMS power handling 2 hours continuous operation, 100W RMS power handling 100 hours continuous
- 80Hz-20kHz frequency range is perfect for both music or speech
- Switchable voicing adds a presence boost for speech applications
- SonicGuard overload protection prevents distortion
- Built-in 70V/100V transformer, and 8 ohm direct capability, for flexible installation
- Color: Black
Innovative design for superior sound coverage
The JBL CBT 50LA-1 handles 150 watts of power to drive an array of eight full-range 2" speakers. That may not seem like much, but 10 years of research have created a column speaker that uses analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to make sure directivity is even across the CBT 50LA-1's extended 80Hz-20kHz frequency range. It's new technology, and the result is even, balanced sound without frequency lobing inconsistencies as you move around the coverage area.
Perfect for performance and speech
Any place you need clear, balanced sound that covers a large area well, the JBL CBT 50LA-1 will deliver. Switchable voicings let the CBT 50LA-1 use a flat frequency response for music playback, as well as a speech mode with a midrange presence boost. It's ideal for school auditoriums and churches, allowing your message to be heard clearly throughout the room. Anywhere you have a large room that requires lots of coverage without the compromise of dead spots or frequency lobing, the CBT 50LA-1 is ready to perform.
Easy to install
JBL's CBT 50LA-1 column speakers come with a swiveling wall bracket, and also have 10 threaded insert points on the rear of the fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet. Contractors love how easy it is to install the CBT series, and it's easy to position them for the maximum coverage in your room. Call Gear Club Direct to find out more about how to integrate the CBT 50LA-1 into your sound system!
- Components: Eight 50 mm (2 in) Full-Range
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 80 Hz – 20 kHz
- Coverage Pattern
- Vertical 20° (1.5 kHz - 16 kHz, ±10°)
- Horizontal 150° (ave, 1 kHz – 4 kHz, ±20°)
- Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m)
- 93 dB (speech mode, 2 kHz - 14 kHz)
- 89 dB (music mode, 300 Hz - 18 kHz)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Capacity (8 ohm setting)
- 150W (600W peak), 2 hrs
- 100 W (400W peak), 100 hrs
- Max SPL
- Speech mode: 115 dB cont ave (121 peak)
- Music mode: 111 dB cont ave (117 peak)
- 70V/100V Transformer Taps: 60W, 30W, 15W, (7.5W at 70V only), and 8Ω thru, via switch
- Enclosure: Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, painted aluminum grille
- Outdoor Capability: IP-54 rated, per IEC529. UV, moisture and salt-spray resistant
- Colors: Black or White (-WH)
- Insert Points: Ten M6 insert points on back panel.
- Mounting: Included wall bracket provides continuously adjustable ±15 degree tilt, as well as 5 degree fixed increment points within the range. Ten threaded mounting points located on back panel conform to industry standard rectangular 108 x 51 mm (4.25 x 2.0 in) pattern for third-party bracket, or can be utilized for suspension.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 528 x 99 x 153 mm (20.8 x 3.9 x 6.0 in)
- Net Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lb)