Line-array Cabinets from Industry-leader JBL!
The JBL VRX-928LA is an 8" 2-Way Line Array Loudspeaker System is a lightweight, compact, two-way line array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units.
The VRX-928LA is equipped with JBL's exclusive neodymium magnet Differential Driver woofer for high power. There are also two patent-pending, high-frequency neodymium compression drivers.
The Constant Curvature waveguide mounts two compression speakers on a continuous arc. Adding additional speakers does not alter the arc, so all drivers work together as though they would be one single driver on a long waveguide. With amplitude shading you get the perfect shape to your array.
The VRX-928LA can be mounted on a tripod, over the VRX915S, or use the integral rigging system. In fact, up to six VRX-928LA speakers can be mounted together in the same array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90°.
- Constant Curvature Array - The waveguide mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc enabling them to work together acoustically as if they were a single driver.
- Amplitude Shading- Convenient series of switches on each enclosures that controls the output of each high frequency section in the array.
- Suspension and Rigging.
- Dual Angle Pole Socket - JBL's dual angle pole sockets allow great flexibility in aiming the enclosure (not on - WH version)
- Differential Drive® Woofer.
High Power Capacity
This speaker takes advantage of JBL's exclusive neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer so you get high power capacity in a surprisingly lightweight package.
You get unprecedented array coherence with JBL's Constant Curvature waveguide.
Built-in dual-angle pole socket gives you aiming flexibility when pole mounting and the integral rigging hardware provides simplified connection of enclosures and optional array frame.
- Active or Passive: Passive
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB (based on half-space conditions)
- Power Capacity
- Continuous: 400W
- Program: 800W
- Peak: 1600W
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 122 dB
- Nominal Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Crossover: 2.0 kHz
- Low Frequency Driver: JBL 2168H-1 8" Differential Drive woofer
- High Frequency Driver: (2) JBL 2414H 1" neodymium compression driver
- Enclosure Material
- 15 -25 mm mulit-ply birch plywood with black DuraFlex(TM) finish
- Powder-coated black 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent foam
- Input Connections: (2) Neutrik Speakon NL-4
- Dimensions: 9 x 16.5 x 10.5" (230 x 419 x 267 mm)
- Weight: 28 lbs (12.7 kg)