The M-Audio Aries is a cardioid vocal microphone designed for stage performances, lectures, announcers, presenters or any application requiring a professional handheld microphone. The Aires features a condenser element that requires external +48V phantom power.
The condenser element and quiet output stage provide higher sensitivity and signal to noise ratio over dynamic microphones. The cardioid pattern minimizes off-axis (side) audio which effectively reduces feedback and noise when using near speakers and noisy environments. The rugged design is capable of withstanding the rigors of heavy road use and the element is shock mounted, minimizing handling noise.
- Studio-quality cardioid design
- 3/4 in. diameter 6-micron evaporated gold diaphragm
- Cardioid pattern rejects background sound
- Warm-sounding solid brass capsule
- Internal shock mounting minimizes handling noise
- Internal pop filter minimizes wind and breath noise
- 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Class A FET electronics
- 3-pin XLR (phantom powered)
- Includes case and hard mount
Class-A FET Electronics
The Class-A FET output electronics provide result in a high output gain and low noise floor.
The cardioid pattern attenuates noise at the sides of the capsule. The result reduces feed back and ambient noise.
Wide Frequency Response
The wide 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response enables accurate signal reproduction of both vocals and instruments.
Internal Pop Filter
The internal pop filter minimizes noise caused by wind and pop noises.
Internal Shock Mounting
The internal shock mount protects the element and minimizes handling noise.
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): not specified by manufacturer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 17dB A-weighted
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 134dB SPL (0.5% THD)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR male
- Pad: No
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: No
- Dimensions: 6.60 x 1.57" (168 x 40mm) (Length x Diameter)
- Weight: 260 g (9.2 oz)