Pro-level Audio/MIDI Interface with Bundled Software!
The Fast Track Pro from M-Audio was designed to provide a professional, portable audio and MIDI interface for a Windows or Macintosh laptop or desktop computer. Using the USB bus, the interface delivers exceptionally flexible, routing power and versatility, while delivering high-resolution 24-bit audio to and from the computer at sampling rates up to 96kHz.
The unit has two high-quality microphone/instrument preamps accessed via convenient front panel hybrid XLR/TRS inputs that can accommodate balanced or unbalanced line or instrument levels. Switchable phantom power and individual -20dB pads are included, as are sixteen channels of MIDI in and out.
The rear panel offers insert points for inputs one and two, two balanced TRS analog outputs and four unbalanced RCA connectors, as well as dedicated S/PDIF inputs and outputs, for a total of four inputs and four outputs. The Fast Track Pro is housed in a sleek, rugged, lightweight and highly portable enclosure.
- At 16-bit, with maximum sample rate of 48kHz, operates as a 4 In, 4 Out device, with analog AND digital inputs available.
- At 24-bit, with maximum sample rate of 48kHz, operates as a 2 In, 4 Out device or a 4 In, 2 Out device, with analog OR digital inputs available.
- At 24-bit, at sample rates of 88.2 and 96kHz, operates as a 2 In OR 2 Out device, with analog or S/PDIF selected for input or output.
Note! AC adapter sold separately
- 24-bit/96kHz audio interface with dual mic/instrument preamps
- Balanced/unbalanced analog input and output
- Digital connectivity via S/PDIF coaxial as well as MIDI I/O
- Mono switch for input monitoring
- Headphone output with level control and A/B source switch (1/4" TRS phone)
- Functions as a stand-alone 24-bit/44.1kHz A/D converter
- Mac and PC compatible. Class compliant with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and higher
- Driver support for WDM/MME (Windows XP,) CoreAudio (MacOS X v10.3.9 or later) and ASIO2
- Includes Pro Tools M-Powered Essentials software
- Converters: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz (sample rate will govern the I/O operation of the unit)
- Analog Input
- 2 x Neutrik XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone SEND and RETURN inserts
- Analog Output
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone (balanced)
- 4 x RCA phono (unbalanced)
- Digital Input: 1 x RCA S/PIDF coaxial
- Digital Output: 1 x RCA S/PIDF coaxial
- MIDI In/Out: Yes
- Sync In/Out: S/PDIF
- Headphone Output: Yes
- THD + N: 0.005% (-86dB) @ -1dBFS, 1kHz
- Dynamic Range
- Microphone: 101dB, A-weighted
- Instrument: 100dB, A-weighted
- Frequency Response20Hz to 20kHz, +/- 0.1dB @ 48kHz sample rate
- Specialties: Individual instrument/line level and -20dB pad switches
- G3 800/G4 733MHz (higher speed may be necessary for laptops)
- OS X 10.3.9 or later
- 256MB RAM
- Pentium III 800MHz (higher speed may be necessary for laptops)
- Windows XP (SP2)
- 256MB RAM
- DirectX 9.0c or higher
Note: Mac G3/G4 accelerator cards not supported. Native FireWire port required.
Minimum system requirements for user software may be greater than the above.