The M-Audio Pulsar II is a medium-diaphragm instrument microphone that delivers significant improvements over the original Pulsar. Redesigned by veteran engineers result in a host of added features that include a -10dB Pad, low-cut filter switch and much more. The Pulsar II is designed for instrument capturing in recording and sound-reinforcement applications and boasts a wide, linear frequency response.
Class-A FET output electronics provide transparent signal reproduction and low noise floor. The condenser element features a cardioid polar pattern which is effective in minimizing noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone. The result suppresses noise and feed-back when using near monitors or additional instruments. The Pulsar II requires external +48V phantom power and is more than suitable for capturing, drums, percussion, guitar, piano, brass and more.
- 0.75" diameter, 6-micron sputtered gold diaphragms
- Cardioid pickup patterns
- Class A FET transformerless electronics
- Brass bodies with internal shockmounts
- Switchable 10 dB pads and 80 Hz filters (18 dB/octave)
- 48 Volt phantom power required
- Includes stereo bar, hard mounts, risers, wind screens, and soft bags—all in a wooden travel case
Switchable -10dB Pad
The Pulsar II features a -10dB pad switch which maximizes headroom when capturing transient (peaking) audio signals.
Low Frequency Roll-Off
A low-frequency roll-off switch minimizes noise at 80Hz (12dB/octave).
Top-Address Cardioid Pattern
The Pulsar II features a top-address, front-firing capsule and cardioid polar pattern. The combination achieves a high level of side audio rejection, providing high suppression of feedback and noise.
Class-A FET Output Stage
The output stage features Class-A FET electronics which result in high output gain and low noise floor.
Wide Frequency Response
A wide linear frequency response allows accurate signal reproduction of a vast variety of signal sources.
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 17dB A-weighted
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 134dB (0.5% THD)
- Power Requirements: +48V Phantom Power
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-pin male XLR
- Pad: -10dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80Hz high-pass filter (12dB/octave)
- Dimensions: 5.20 x.87" (22 x 132mm) (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: 4.0 oz (115 g)