The M-Audio Sputnik is a professional grade, cost-effective vacuum tube microphone designed to rival much more costly tube microphones. The Sputnik utilizes class-A amplifier circuitry and vacuum tube electronics that result in a warm audio quality and character comparable to classic vacuum tube microphones.
This multi-pattern microphone provides cardioid, omnidirectional and figure 8 polar patterns for optimum flexibility. The Sputnik delivers all this in a package that includes a professional shockmount, dedicated power supply, 7-pin microphone cable, grounded IEC power supply, soft cloth bag and a custom flight case.
- 1" diameter, 3-micron evaporated-gold diaphragm
- Switchable cardioid, figure-eight, and omni polar patterns
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response, ± 1 dB
- Hand-selected military-grade 6205M vacuum tube
- Dual-layer steel grille offers solid protection
- Solid brass body; tuned solid brass backplate
- Switchable 10 dB pad and 80 Hz filter (12 dB/octave)
- Dedicated power supply with 7-pin cable
- Includes shock mount, bag, and flight case
Vacuum Tube and Class-A Circuitry
The Sputnik features vacuum tube technology and class-A output circuitry for a result that rivals classic studio tube condenser microphones.
Selectable Polar Patterns
Cardioid, figure 8 and omnidirectional polar patterns are all available for maximum flexibility on any recording application.
The package includes a professional shockmount, dedicated power supply, 7-pin microphone cable, grounded IEC power supply, soft cloth bag and a custom flight case.
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional, Figure-8, Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 1.5dB
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Not Specified By Manufacturer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 132dB (or 142dB with 10dB pad)
- Power Requirements: +48V Phantom Power
- Output Impedance: 200 ohm, transformer isolated
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR
- Pad: -10dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Switchable 80Hz 2nd-order (12dB/octave) rolloff
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 8.25 x 3 x 2" (209.55 x 76.2 x 50.8mm)
- Weight: 1.6 lb (0.73 oz)