An excellent audio upgrade for your computer's sound.
The Studiophile AV 20 Desktop Monitors from M-Audio bring you the same technology and audio quality used in professional studios for a fraction of the cost. Ideal for computer-based audio applications, each speaker has a 2" woofer and a 1" tweeter to provide a wide frequency range. A 10W per channel amplifier provides plenty of power, and proprietary OptImage III wave guide technology helps to minimize phase issues that are often found with portable speakers.
The speaker cabinets are constructed from wood rather than plastic for a better bass response, and the angled design helps direct the audio to your ears. Magnetically shielded for use near video monitors, the Studiophile AV 20 speakers offer a stereo RCA phono input to accept audio from a variety of sources. The speakers are connected via standard speaker wire.
- Portable desktop speakers, great for computer-based audio
- 10W per channel amplifier
- 2" woofer and 1" tweeter provide a wide frequency response
- Wooden construction for improved bass
- OptImage III technology minimizes phase issues and time-aligns the woofer and tweeter for accurate imaging
- Angled speaker design helps direct audio to your ears
- Stereo RCA phono input
- Magnetically shielded
Audiophile Sound for Your Computer
M-Audio is known throughout the professional recording world for building some of the most accurate studio monitors on the market. With the Studiophile AV20, you can enjoy this same technology in a portable, powered monitor speaker that is the perfect addition to any home computer or laptop. Designed specifically for today's multimedia computers, the AV20s feature a unique angled speaker cabinet that creates an accurate listening environment even when you're short on desk space.
Dedicated Drivers and Professional Components
Comprising a 2" composite woofer, 1" ferrofluid-cooled Mylar dome tweeter and an internal Class D amplifier, the Studiophile AV 20 is designed to deliver solid bass, crisp highs and convincing realism while occupying only a fraction of the space of standard desktop audio speakers. And with sturdy, magnetically shielded cabinets, the M-Audio AV20s can coexist with all manner of computer monitors, TVs and other electronic equipment without interference.
OptImage III Technology
M-Audio's proprietary OptImage III wave guide improves overall detail and clarity while minimizing sound issues that can plague other compact monitors. The system works by improving the overall efficiency of the tweeter as well as time-aligning the drivers. This ensures that the audio from each driver reaches the listener at the same time, guaranteeing precise stereo imaging and accurate response.
Pro to Go
If you're a music or media pro, don't let the size and price of the Studiophile AV 20 fool you. These speakers deliver far better sound than anything in their range. And their compact size makes them the perfect solution for the traveling musician, filmmaker or anyone who wants top-notch audio from their laptop on the go.
- Low Frequency Driver: 2" (50mm) Composite Paper/Fiberglass Woofer
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) Ferrofluid-Cooled Mylar Balanced Dome Tweeter
- LF Amplifier: 10W Per Channel Class-D Amplifier
- Crossover: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Frequency Range: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): Not Specified by Manufacturer
- 1 x Stereo RCA Phono Input (2 Jacks)
- 1 x Spring Clip Output (Left Cabinet)
- 1 x Spring Clip Input (Right Cabinet)
- 1 x AC Power Input (Left Cabinet
- Input Impedance: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Controls and Indicators
- 1 x Power/Volume Knob with Blue Ring LED (Left)
- 1 x Voltage Selector Switch
- Shielded: Yes
- Dimensions (HxWxD): Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Weight: Not Specified by Manufacturer