Top-notch sound for your desktop system.
The Studiophile AV 40 Monitors are an ideal choice for desktop recording. With 4" polypropylene-coated woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters, and 40W of total amplifier power, the speakers deliver a wide frequency response of 85Hz to 20kHz for clear, accurate audio. The left speaker acts as the primary, housing the input and output connectors, power switch, and volume control. A simple cable connects the left speaker to the right one.
RCA and 1/4" input connectors are provided for versatility. The vinyl-laminated MDF cabinets are magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors. An auxiliary 1/8" input and an 1/8" headphone output are located on the front panel of the left speaker for easy access. A bass boost switch is also available to provide extra low-end response.
- Pair of high-quality desktop monitors
- 20W-per-channel of amplifier power
- Left/main speaker has all controls and connectors. Connection to the right speaker is via standard speaker wire
- 1/4" and RCA inputs for versatility
- 1/8" aux input and 1/8" headphone output on left speaker
- 4" woofer and 3/4" tweeter provide clear, accurate audio
- OptImage III technology improves detail and clarity and improves efficiency
- Magnetically shielded for use near video monitors
- Bass boost switch adds extra low-end response, ideal for hip hop and dance music
- Vinyl-laminated MDF cabinet with bass reflex port
Professional Components—Professional Results
The Studiophile AV 40 monitors are designed with the same quality materials and internal electronics that are used in all of M-Audio's acclaimed professional monitors. You'll find features like audiophile-grade Class A/B amplifier architecture and balanced 1/4" TRS inputs in addition to RCAs. It all adds up to a big sound that belies the speakers' small size. With the Studiophile AV 40s, you don't have to give up professional-grade fidelity to enjoy the ease and mobility of a compact monitoring system.
Extended Low End
If you require extra bass response, the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 monitors have you covered. MDF wooden cabinets, bass reflex design and an integrated bass boost switch let the Studiophile AV 40s crank out plenty of low end—perfect for urban/dance music, DVDs and more.
OptImage III Technology
M-Audio's proprietary OptImage III wave guide improves overall detail and clarity while minimizing sound issues that can plague other compact monitors. The system works by improving the overall efficiency of the tweeter as well as time-aligning the drivers. This ensures that the audio from each driver reaches the listener at the same time, guaranteeing precise stereo imaging and accurate response.
Magnetically Shielded for Desktop Use
Unchecked, all speakers emit electromagnetic waves that can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The Studiophile AV 40 monitors are magnetically shielded so that all of your electronic equipment can coexist on your desktop without interference.
- Low Frequency Driver: 4" (102mm) Polypropylene-Coated Cone
- High Frequency Driver: 3/4" (19mm) Silk Dome Tweeter
- Amplifier: 20W Per Channel
- Crossover: 2.7kHz
- Frequency Range: 85Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 101.5dB @ 1 meter
- 2 x RCA Phono Line Inputs (L, R)
- 2 x 1/4" TRS Inputs (L, R)
- 1 x 1/8" Aux Input
- 1 x 1/8" Headphone Output
- 1 x Spring-Loaded Output (To Right Speaker)
- 1 x Spring-Loaded Input (On Right Speaker)
- 1 x AC Power In
- Input Impedance
- 10 kOhms Unbalanced
- 20 kOhms Balanced
- Controls and Indicators
- 1 x Volume Knob with Blue Power LED Ring
- 1 x Bass Boost Switch
- 1 x Voltage Selector Switch
- 1 x On/Off Switch
- Shielded: Yes
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 8.75 x 6 x 7.25" (222 x 152 x 184mm)
- Weight: 14 lbs (6.3kg)