M-Audio fidelity in portable active desktop monitors that won't break the bank.
M-Audio StudioPro 3 active desktop monitors offer powerful amplification, custom-tuned cabinets, optimized speaker design, and advanced crossover technology for the best possible sound. Magnetic shielding prevents StudioPro 3 audio monitors from interfering with your computer or video speakers.
- 3.25" low-frequency drivers; 1" high-frequency drivers
- Remarkably accurate frequency response and imaging
- Advanced crossover design
- Custom-tuned wood cabinet
- Magnetic shielding prevents computer/video monitor interference
- Vented port design for added bass
- Transportable, compact design is ergonomic and flexible
- Internal standing wave acoustic absorption for greater efficiency
- Bass Boost switch
- Factory programmed for worldwide use
- RCA rear-panel inputs; convenient front-panel 1/8" inputs
Stereo Auxiliary Input and Headphone Output
In addition to the main RCA inputs in the back, for maximum flexibility the StudioPro 3 monitors' stereo aux input makes it easy to plug in a secondary audio source—such as your portable music player. The speakers' volume control works on both inputs simultaneously. Additionally, a stereo headphone output next to the aux jack mutes the speakers' sound and redirects it to your headphones.
The M-Audio custom bass reflex port discharges very low-frequency signals and delivers smooth, substantial bass response. Need more? The rear-panel bass boost gives you additional low-frequency gain and makes the StudioPro 3 monitors flexible enough to perform well for different spaces and listening preferences.
High-frequency audio signals tend to be fairly directional. That's why M-Audio includes wedge-shaped monitor pads that assist you in placing your M-Audio StudioPro 3 units directly at your ears for an optimal listening sweet spot.
M-Audio StudioPro 3 speakers provide a more stable performance with a special medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and unique interior reinforcement that absorbs vibration and impact generated under extreme conditions. Carefully placed acoustic material makes StudioPro 3 monitor's sound much bigger than they are—resulting in smooth, natural bass response.
M-Audio includes a pair of angled isolation pads with each set of StudioPro 3 desktop audio monitors.
- Type: 2-way desktop reference monitor
- LF driver: 3.25" diameter, magnetically shielded with curved cone with high-temperature voice coil
- HF driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk dome
- Frequency response: 100Hz – 20kHz ±3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dynamic range (Maximum Signal-to-Noise Ratio): >80dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input connectors: left and right line input connectors (RCA)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic power: 10 watts into 4Ω (per channel) at 0.5% distortion
- Input impedance: 10kΩ (unbalanced)
- Input sensitivity: 100mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED ring around on/off/volume knob on front panel
- Power requirements: 100-120V~50/60Hz, 220~240V~50/60Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 5.5"W x 7.9"H x 5.9"D
- Weight: 8.8lb./pair (approx., without packing)