Crystal clear, full-range sound.
The new Peavey SP 4 Speaker has an ingenious 3-way design that improves low-end performance and produces clearer sound in the high frequency range. This quasi three-way enclosure has two 15 inch Peavey Black Widow speakers capable of handling up to 4000 watts peak power and have field replaceable baskets for quick, easy repair. Kudos to Peavey engineers for designing a much more efficient crossover that directs low frequencies to both woofers while limiting midrange frequencies to only the top woofer. Upper-mids and high frequencies are handled by an RX22 titanium driver that is ferrofluid cooled for maximum tweeter performance and longevity. Peavey's exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology actually reduces horn distortion and aims sound directly at the audience, not over their heads. Rugged 9-ply baltic birch construction, utilizing extensive internal bracing produces tighter bass response while significantly reducing the cabinet weight. Finished in a durable Hammerhead spray-on bedliner finish, the SP 4 has heavy-duty handles for easy transportation. Check out the new SP 4 enclosures. You'll agree they're awesome.
- Quasi-three-way, full-range, bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow 4 inch VC woofers
- 2000 watts program, 4000 watts peak
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
- Sound Guard III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include a Neutrik Speakon 4 pin jack and two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp capability via internal wiring jumper
- Trapezoidal baltic birch enclosure