Loud, lightweight and reliable. The Peavey SP series loudspeakers have been a mainstay of journeyman sound reinforcement for three decades, and the SP 5BX is part of the latest incarnation of this ever-improving legacy. The SP 5BX is equipped with a complete three way full range output, featuring a 15" Scorpion Plus bass speaker with a 4-inch voice coil, Peavey's patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System, and a titanium compression driver with ferrofluid cooling. Engineered for optimal sound reproduction with proven reliability, Peavey SP enclosures feature patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound. Ideal for medium-sized clubs and even outdoor performances, these enclosures can go up against a loud drummer, two guitars and a bass player on a big rig with ease. Reasonably lightweight, loud and clear, they are an excellent solution for today"s gigging bands.
- Two-way, full-range sound reinforcement system
- 15" Scorpion Plus HO woofer with field-replaceable basket
- RXTM22 compression driver with ferro fluid cooling
- Patented Quadratic Throat WaveguideTM technology
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10 ̊ (at the audience, not over their heads)
- 800 watts program, 1600 watts peak
- Sound Guard
- TM III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include a four-pin twist lock connector and two 1/4" phone jacks
- Trapezoidal enclosure
- Power Handling: 800 watts program, 1600 watts peak
- Frequency Response: 69 Hz to 17 kHz, +/-3dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms-10 dB point: 50 Hz
- Sensitivity: 98 dB (1W/1m) anechoic
- Weight: 68.2 lbs.