Provides clear sound and great frequency range, in a durable design.
The Peavey SP 6 speaker delivers gigantic sound with precision accuracy and long-term reliability handling up to 4,000 watts of peak power. The Peavey SP 6 is a quasi four-way system that directs low frequencies to both 15" Black Widow woofers while limiting mid-range frequencies to the top woofer and 6.5 inch professional grade mid-range speaker. Upper-mids and high frequencies are handled by an RX 22 titanium driver that is ferrofluid cooled for maximum tweeter performance and longevity. Peavey's exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology actually reduces horn distortion and aims sound directly at the audience, not over their heads. Peavey's Sound Guard circuitry offers horn and tweeter protection and works automatically in either full range or bi-amp modes. Rugged 9-ply baltic birch construction with extensive internal bracing improves bass response while significantly reducing the cabinet weight. The SP 6 is finished in durable black carpet with heavy-duty handles, powder-coat grille and rear casters for easy transportation.
- Quasi 4-way full range/bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- 6.5 inch pro mid-range with phase plug and ferrofluid cooling
- Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow 4 inch VC woofers with a Kevlar/carbon fiber-impregnated cone
- 2,000 watts program, 4,000 watts peak
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
- Asymmetrical horns aim the sound down 10 degrees toward the audience, not over their heads
- Sound Guard III tweeter and mid-range protection
- Full-range inputs now include a Neutrik Speakon four-pin jack along with two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp capability via internal wiring jumper
- Trapezoidal baltic birch enclosure
- Rear casters for easy transport