Featuring Linkwitz-Riley filters.
The AC 23S from Rane is an active crossover that can be used in a stereo 2- or 3-way, or a mono 4- or 5-way configuration. It employs state-variable 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley filter alignments to minimize phase difficulties in the critical crossover region.
The Linkwitz-Riley alignment consists of 2 cascaded 2nd-order Butterworth filters exhibiting identical phase characteristics on their low- and high-pass outputs, guaranteeing in-phase outputs at all frequencies.
An added benefit of this topology is steep 24dB per octave roll-off slopes. Because of the steep slopes, drivers designed to produce a specific range of frequencies, and no more, will not be driven past their limits, thereby minimizing distortion and driver fatigue.
Adjustable delay circuits are included on the low and mid outputs of each channel to compensate for any physical misalignment of the drivers. Time correction ensures the mechanical phase alignment of adjacent drivers will be acoustically correct, thus providing transparent operation.
In 2- or 3-way stereo mode, the low outputs may be mono'ed by moving an internal jumper. Constant directivity (CD) horn equalization is also possible with an internal modification.
- Stereo 2- or 3-way, mono 4- or 5-Way active crossover
- Linkwitz-Riley alignment with 24dB per octave slopes
- Adjustable driver alignment delays
- Infrasonic, ultrasonic and RFI filters
- Low output muting (3-way)
- Input and output level controls
- Fully active balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- Internal universal power supply (100~240 VAC)
- Filter Type: State-variable 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley
- Operating Modes: Stereo 2- or 3-way, mono 4- or 5-way
- Crossover Frequencies
- Low to Mid: 70Hz to 1kHz
- Mid to High: 190Hz to 7kHz
- Low to High: 190Hz to 7kHz
- Gain Range: Off to +6dB
- Front Panel Switches: Mute (individual per band)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR
- Outputs: 6 x XLR
- Maximum Input Level: +21dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +20dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 40kHz, +0/-3.0dB
- Dynamic Range: Not specified by manufacturer
- Noise: SNR: 92dB, referenced +4dBu, 20kHz noise bandwidth
- Power Requirements: 100~240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 5.3 x 1.75" (483 x 133 x 45mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.3kg)
- Specialties: CD horn equalization is possible with an internal modification