Affordable Monitors with Ribbon Tweeters!
The Samson Rubicon 6A is an inexpensive pair of 2-way, bi-amplified nearfield studio reference monitors, featuring a 2" velocity Ribbon high frequency driver.
The very low mass and quick response of the Rubicon 6a tweeter design enables accurate, uncolored high frequency reproduction, with minimal distortion and unwanted dispersion. There is a 4-position HF level control in support of the Ribbon driver, to better match the speaker to the acoustic properties of the room environment. The drivers are powered by a 75-watt amplifier for the low end, and a 25-watt amplifier for the highs.
The Rubicon 6a makes a piece of elite audiophile technology available to the project studio owner at a very moderate price point.
- High output portable handheld or stand mountable speaker with 22 watts of amplification and high efficiency re-entrant horn driver
- Rugged, durable injection-molded case
- Passive companion speaker
- Built-in 16-channel UHF wireless receiver with bodypack transmitter and collar microphone
- Dynamic handheld microphone with coiled cable
- Built-in rechargeable battery with 10 hour battery life, true AC/DC multi-voltage switchable power supply
- Signal alert button
- Molded recessed speaker stand receptacle in bottom of unit
- Dedicated level control knobs for external mics, wireless system and line in
- Separate line out for daisy-chaining multiple units, speaker output powers passive companion speaker
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" Woofer
- Mid Frequency Driver: No
- High Frequency Driver: 2" Ribbon Tweeter
- LF Amplifier: 75W
- HF Amplifier: 25W
- Crossover: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Frequency Range: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Impedance: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Controls and Indicators
- 1 x 4-position HF Level Control
- 1 x Red Power On LED
- 1 x 1/4" TRS Phone, Balanced
- 1 x RCA Phono, Unbalanced
- Shielded: Yes
- Dimensions (HxWxD): Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Weight: 47.9 lbs (21.7 kg)
- Ribbon Tweeters
- Magnetically Shielded