Sennheiser MKE 440 Compact Stereo Shotgun Microphone box includes
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Sennheiser MKE 440 Compact Stereo Shotgun Microphone overview
The MKE 440 from Sennheiser is a compact stereo shotgun microphone that predominately captures focused stereo sound from within the direction of filming and rejects the majority of off-axis noise from outside the camera focus. The microphone utilizes two mini-shotgun elements that are mounted in a V-shape arrangement, which outperforms mini AB, MS, or XY setups.
The microphone offers a stereo, super-cardioid pickup pattern and features a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz, as well as a maximum sound pressure level of 132 dB. The mic includes a 3-level sensitivity switch and a high-pass filter to remove rumble. The MKE 400 is powered by two AAA batteries and offers an operating time of 100 hours. The microphones are internally shock-mounted to prevent handling noise, and the stainless steel micro-mesh offers protection against wind. Additionally, an optional hair cover is available for strong wind applications.
Sennheiser MKE 440 Compact Stereo Shotgun Microphone specifications
- Connector: 1/8" / 3.5 mm jack plug
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max SPL Level: 132 dB
- Pickup Pattern: Stereo, super-cardioid
- Low Cut Filters: Switchable
- Sensitivity: 23, 42, 63 mV/Pa, switchable
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16, 21, 40 dB (A)
- Power Supply: 2x AAA batteries
- Operating Time: >100 hours
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 131°F / -10 to 55°C
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 4.2 x 5.0" / 67 x 106 x 128 mm
- Weight: 5.8 oz / 165 g (without battery)
Sennheiser MKE 440 Compact Stereo Shotgun Microphone Packaging Info
- Package Weight: 0.85 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.3 x 6.3 x 3.2"