2 Way 6.5" Full Range Loudspeaker for Portable PA and Installation Applications
- 2 way full range loudspeaker for portable PA and installation applications
- 150 Watts continuous, 600 Watts peak power
- Ideal for front fill and monitor applications
- 6.5" low frequency driver with low mass voice coil for improved transient response
- Aluminium dome 1" neodymium motor compression driver
- Rotatable converging elliptical waveguide provides 100° H x 60° V dispersion
- 12 mm (1/2") birch plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Multiple internal rigging points allow bracket mount and suspension in any orientation
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for reliable long life operation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The 2-way full range NuQ62 is a compact passive 600 Watt 6.5" loudspeaker system ideally suited for a wide range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications. Engineered to work in conjunction with TURBOSOUND loudspeaker management systems, the NuQ62 provides optimal performance for front fill, down fill, balcony delay and monitor applications.
The NuQ62 loudspeaker features a 6.5" low frequency driver with a low mass voice coil for improved transient response, and an aluminium dome 1" neodymium motor high frequency compression driver mounted on a rotatable 100° horizontal by 60° vertical dispersion converging elliptical waveguide. All drivers are matched with an internal passive crossover network in a reflex-loaded enclosure. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Finished in a highly durable semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 12 mm (½") birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. Multiple threaded rigging points are provided for suspension in any orientation, or for mounting with industry standard wall brackets. Optional flying yoke and swivel brackets allow for further flexibility in install applications (each available separately).
Architecture & Engineering Specifications
The speaker shall be of the full range, two-way passive type consisting of one 6.5" (162 mm) LF driver and one 1" (25 mm) HF compression driver. Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 80 Hz to 18 kHz and within -10 dB from 65 Hz to 20 kHz. Nominal dispersion, at -6 dB points, shall average 100° H x 60° V, rotatable. Nominal impedance shall be 16 Ohms. Power handling shall be HF: 150 Watts continuous, 600 Watts peak. Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, shall be 88 dB, 1 Watt @ 1 meter. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 meter with music program at stated amplifier input, shall be 116 dB. Dimensions: 350 mm high x 190 mm wide x 210 mm deep (13.8" x 7.5" x 8.3"). Net weight: 6.3 kg (13.6 lbs). The loudspeaker system shall be the TURBOSOUND NuQ62. No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.