18" Front Loaded Subwoofer for Touring, Portable and Installation Applications
- Front loaded subwoofer for touring, portable and installation applications
- 700 Watts continuous, 2,800 Watts peak power
- Carbon fiber loaded 18" neodymium low frequency driver
- Dual voice coil design for high power capacity and extended low frequency output
- Low distortion bass reflex port design
- 18 mm (3/4”) plywood enclosure with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral suspension hardware for efficient array configuration
- Multiple internal M10 mount points allow eyebolt suspension in any orientation
- 20 mm threaded pole mount to support satellite speaker
- Durable handles for easy lifting and carrying
- Switchable input and link connections for 4 core speaker cables
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for reliable long life operation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The TBV118L is a compact passive single 18" 2,800-Watt front-loaded subwoofer that is ideally suited for a broad range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications in both fixed, portable and touring audio systems. The TBV118L is designed to work in conjunction with LAKE DSP and LAB GRUPPEN amplification, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements.
Front Loaded Enclosure Design
Front loaded enclosures provide an optimal combination of low frequency extension, bass articulation and temporal accuracy for high impact sound reinforcement applications. The low distortion bass reflex port design utilised in the TBV118L reinforces the bass musical instrument frequencies and steep cut-off slopes ensure an effective acoustic transition for use with TBV123 line array elements. For low-frequency bass extension, the recommended cabinet ratio consists of one TBV118L subwoofer per 3 TBV123 elements. For reverse cardioid subwoofer configurations, multiples of three TBV118L enclosures are recommended with two front-firing enclosures and one rear-firing enclosure.
Construction and Connectivity
An integral suspension system engineered to meet BGV-C1 specifications is provided for suspending or ground stacking TBV118L and TBV123 elements with a 10:1 safety factor. Designed for speed and simplicity of use, custom-engineered flybars and wheel boards are available as separate accessories. Finished in hard wearing semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (3/4") birch plywood and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Acoustic Simulation Tools
EASE GLL files are provided for EASE Focus Acoustic Simulation Software, which is available for free download. This allows accurate calculation of both acoustic coverage and suspension pick point selection for tilting and aiming the array at the desired angle.