Dual 3 Way 6.5" Line Array Element Combined Polyhorn and Dendritic Waveguide for Touring Applications
- 3 way line array element for touring applications
- Combined Polyhorn and Dendritic waveguide with 110° H x 8° V dispersion
- 160 Watts continuous, 640 Watts peak power
- High excursion 6.5" neodymium low frequency drivers with compression loading
- High efficiency 4" neodymium motor mid range compression driver
- Aluminium dome 1" neodymium motor compression driver
- Integral Domex* steel rigging for flying up to 16 TFS-550H elements in a variable curvature array
- Glass fiber reinforced polyurethane enclosure with a semi matt black textured finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated stainless steel mesh grille
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors for reliable long life operation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The TURBOSOUND FLASHLINE TFS-550H is a compact 640 Watt three way bi-amped line array loudspeaker designed for a wide range of medium scale touring and fixed installation applications. It consists of two high excursion 6.5" neodymium low frequency drivers with compression loading, a high efficiency 4" neodymium mid range driver loaded by a Polyhorn device, and a proprietary 1" neodymium high frequency compression driver on a Dendritic horn.
In common with existing TURBOSOUND technologies deployed in the larger FLASHLINE TFS-900 and FLEX ARRAY TFS-600 systems, the HF Dendritic waveguide features multiple hornlets with identical path lengths designed to give a flat constant phase wavefront with horizontal dispersion of 110°. When coupled to the horn, the waveguide shapes the spherical wave produced by the compression driver into the cylindrical wavefront that is a key component of line source array behaviour. The cabinet is symmetrically loaded to create coplanar symmetry with smooth and consistent horizontal and vertical coverage, creating a co-linear source, the cylindrical domain equivalent of a coaxial arrangement for individual spherical sources. In addition, the precise positioning of the neodymium drive units saves space within the enclosure and enables a very compact package.
The cabinet is constructed using a polyurethane composite hard foam and finished in textured semi matt black, making a very lightweight, rigid and non-resonant enclosure. Stainless steel grilles backed with woven PVC mesh protect the drive units. Domex steel rigging hardware is fully integrated into the end-cheeks at the sides of the cabinet consisting of drop links which engage into the flyware of the cabinet below, secured by rigging pins on captive lanyards which stow away on the cabinet when not in use. The rear flyware provides a range of inter-cabinet splay angles from 0° to 12° in one degree increments. The touring flybar provides multiple pickup points located along a central spine, and allows arrays of either mid/high enclosures or bass cabinets or a combination of both types to be flown in a visually unobtrusive array. A further range of rigging hardware is available for pole mounting, ground stacking and truss mounting applications.
Two Neutrik speakON* NL4 connectors provide input and link connections to the loudspeaker. Recommended amplification is provided in the form of the highly advanced and extremely powerful 10000DP four channel amplifier with Lake processing and Dante networking built in.